A Highly Shareable Social Roof:
Facebook is a social networking site which was started in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg. It has 500 million active users. The question is: how do you target all of those users with your marketing?The good news is that the Facebook advertising platform allows you to zero in and specify the type of people you’re looking for. You can target by location, demographics, and interests.
Facebook marketing goes Viral:
Viral Marketing means how your marketing suddenly gets popular among the end users. The sudden rise in popularity of your brand can be termed as viral. When you offer good incentives, customers get excited and through word of mouth your brand will get famous. Facebook Apps have become the most important tool for the marketers. There are more than 52000 apps in Facebook according to Facebook’s Statistics. Facebook apps are the software application that we can integrate in our Facebook page or profile which can add a unique personality to our page. We can either create our own apps or we can use other apps. There are many apps which is available for free and also we can have a pay per install model. In this model we need to pay when a user installs the apps.
Using Facebook in Business!
Unlike other marketing fronts, marketing with Facebook is a 2 way model where customer and companies can communicate and share the ideas. In Facebook, your ability to connect and influence the users can be the main factor in success or failure in achieving your objectives.
- Before you can start marketing in Facebook, you need to be part of Facebook user community. It gives lot of opportunities to organizations to get exposure.
- To create a good marketing strategy, one should have fair Facebook page. Facebook pages comes in 3 platforms namely, Local, Brand/Product/Organisation and Public Figure/Artist/Band.
- Now that we have created a page, we need to advertise our page. We need to have more user interaction in our page that gets noticed. There are many ways to promote our page in a smart way.
Advertising your Facebook page:
There are many ways to promote our page in a smart way. The following are the smart ways to promote the page:
- Adding Application: One of the ways is to add application to our page. We can do by posting in our wall and also in the news feed of users who are there in your page. Facebook has different apps for different categories like Business, Entertainment, and Sports etc.
- Posting information: We can post some link of the company newsletter or blogs which are interesting news about your company or business.
- Commenting on Discussion tab: By commenting to member’s discussion or your page shows that you are engaged in the feedback and this adds value to the discussion. This will make your customers more eager to discuss various things and will show your transparency.
Facts about Facebook marketing:
Facebook is big! As the largest social network in the world, it has more than 1.23 billion active users, 62% of whom log in on a daily basis.According to December 2010 report of Alexa.com an Internet market research company, Facebook is the second most visited website in the world just behind Google.According to research conducted by Hub-spot, Facebook ad revenue grew from just under $2 billion in 2010 to $12.5 billion, with advertisements on the popular social platform accounting for “more than 9% of total digital ad spending and 18.4% of global mobile digital advertising.” In the case of Facebook advertisements;Return on Investment (ROI), you could track a number of different actions:
- New page “Likes”
- Post-level engagement
- Email opt-ins
- Website click-throughs
- On-site sales or lead generations
Next Mile Digital is a brand company which is trying to make Facebook marketing a simple and easy which attracts more customers in this modern competitive world where competitors are constantly trying to outsmart their rivals to gain more market share. Using different techniques like Events, Facebook Ads, Promotion, Discussions and all, a company can increase their reach globally.