First Taste of Social Media!
Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and/or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. The Office of Communications and Marketing manages the main Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTubeand Vimeo accounts.Social media is about conversations, community, connecting with the audience and building relationships. It is not just a broadcast channel or a sales and marketing tool. Social media not only allows you to hear what people say about you, but enables you to respond. Listen first, speak second.
Popular Social Media Tools and Platforms:
- Blogs: A platform for casual dialogue and discussions on a specific topic or opinion.
- Facebook: The world’s largest social network, with more than 1.55 billion monthly active users (as of the third quarter of 2015). Users create a personal profile, add other users as friends, and exchange messages, including status updates. Brands create pages and Facebook users can “like” brands’ pages.
- Twitter: A social networking/micro-blogging platform that allows groups and individuals to stay connected through the exchange of short status messages.
- YouTube & Vimeo: Video hosting and watching websites.
- Flickr: An image and video hosting website and online community. Photos can be shared on Facebook and Twitter and other social networking sites.
- Instagram: A free photo and video sharing app that allows users to apply digital filters, frames and special effects to their photos and then share them on a variety of social networking sites.
- Snapchat: A mobile app that lets users send photos and videos to friends or to their “story.” Snaps disappear after viewing or after 24 hours. Currently, we are not allowing individual departments to have Snapchat accounts, but asking that they contribute to the Tufts University account.
- LinkedIn Groups: A place where groups of professionals with similar areas of interest can share information and participate in a conversations.
Do you about Banner Media:
Banners are a cheap and effective way to get your brand out in the public. Banner Media products are digitally printable and can be used to create banners for outdoor signage applications.
What is a Social media banner?
Pretty much all major social media networks have space for banners. Generally located at the top of the page, the banner is the first thing visitors will see when they land on your profile. As a result of this prominent position, the social media banner is the digital equivalent of a business card. An important part of your company image, your banner will inform customer opinion and tell all visitors to your social media profile what your business is all about.
Importance of Social media Banners:
Because the social media banner is placed so prominently on the page, it will often be the first impression potential customers have of your business. If you leave the banner area blank it will look like you don’t care about your company image. It may also lead visitors to your page to believe you’re not putting time and effort into building an online social network and connecting with your customers.
If you do put time and creativity into your banner on the other hand, it will give visitors to your profile a fantastic first impression. Helping to demonstrate that your company listens to its consumers and wants to engage them on an informal level, an eye-catching and professional looking banner will say great things about your business.
In the part of business, social media pages can attract a lot of attention. It is therefore important to display exciting and relevant custom-designed banners and covers to grab the attention and affection of your customers.Creating banners which emphasise the current season or an upcoming event are also significant. Your business’ creativity can give your company a professional yet, friendly touch.The distribution of your innovative banners can correspondingly attract further views to your company which can spark off discussion and opinions through comments, tweets and social media site sharing.
We design your Social media banner:
We at Next Mile Digital, use professionals to design your social media banner, they’ll be able to draw on your existing branding when creating their design. This will help to give your company image continuity over all platforms and will also ensure existing customers know they have the right profile when they land on your page.